When the infamous “Season to be Jolly” comes along, do you go into “Scrooge” mode? What is it about the month of December and Christmas time that makes you say “Bah! Humbug?” Is it really just you, or is it something else? Tell me if anything in the list below fits the bill and turns you into a scrooge during Christmas.
10 Reasons Why You Might Be A Scrooge!
- You’re Poor. This would be my number one pick at why most people might be a scrooge during Christmas time. During a time of giving, it’s not much fun to be the one that isn’t financially able to give. P.S. You can change that HERE.
- You’re Not Christian. It makes sense! The real meaning of Christmas isn’t Santa Claus, it’s a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.
- Christmas Has Lost It’s True Meaning. Instead of children learning the true meaning of Christmas and the spirit of giving, it’s become all about receiving. The gifts are getting bigger and more expensive, and when they don’t get what they want, they whine and complain.
- You Don’t Have Any Family. One of the greatest parts of Christmas, for me, is time spent with my family. If you don’t have family, or anyone you’re close to, Christmas isn’t such a joyous time.
- You Don’t Celebrate Holidays. Believe it or not, but there are a lot of people that choose not to celebrate holidays, birthdays or any other significant event. If part of the Jehovah Witness religion, you may not be a scrooge, but you aren’t celebrating this holiday with the rest of the world.
- You’re Tight With Your Money. Whatever income you have obtained, you worked hard to get, and in your mind, unless it’s under $5, you’re not going to buy it. That money is for the bills or it goes into savings.
- Happy People Annoy You. The thought of bright shinning faces with rosy red cheeks saying, “Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,” drives you mad.
- You Don’t Like Christmas Music. It doesn’t matter whether it’s traditional or modern Christmas music. It churns something inside of you that isn’t so pleasant. If you hear Jingle Bells one more time, you’re gonna scream!
- Christmas Food is Nasty. Traditional Christmas food disgusts you. Turkey, Ham, divinity, eggnog, fruit cake, candy canes and apple cider are tastes you’d rather do without.
- You Hate, Hate, Hate Shopping. Your idea of Christmas shopping involves Black Friday and extremely long lines. Christmas shopping is chaotic.
So, are any of the above the reasons why you become a scrooge during Christmas? Each one of those, if you let them, can ruin this great season, if you focus on them more than you focus on the good things about Christmas.
I put “You’re Poor” as the number one reason on purpose. Personally, although we were still able to have an enjoyable Christmas experience, the times we were the most poor weren’t fun. They were stressful. So if you’re a scrooge because you’re poor, or maybe I should say, “Financially Challenged,” click HERE to change that for next year.